The Earth has provided us with resources that can be used for other purposes. Natural resources such as the Sun, water, coal and oil have all been used as sources to provide power for people. While these have been viable sources of power for our uses, each have come with environmental concerns. However, the purest forms of natural resources is harnessing the power of the wind.
Wind has been used as a source of power for centuries. Primitive devices were discovered as early as 500 B.C. To funnel the wind to do tasks in food production for people. Eventually this technology would spread to Europe and windmills in the Netherlands became a popular sight. In the subsequent years the wind has continued to be an important tool in our lives and we have found better ways to harness this natural resource.
The use of wind power as a source of energy is important for our future. With the resources from the Earth starting to become depleted, it is vital that we continue to use additional resources that are plentiful. Because of this wind power will become a more important part of our daily life. To learn more about using wind power as a source of energy, please review the following information.
- The Basics of Wind Energy
- Wind Energy
- Wind Energy Basics
- Learning About Wind Energy
- Information About Wind Energy
- History of Wind Energy
- The History of Wind Energy Usage
- Wind Energy Timeline
- The History of Using Wind Energy
- How Do Wind Turbines Work?
- Farming the Wind
- Wind Energy Basics
- Wind Power Basics for Kids
- Wind Energy Pros and Cons
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Wind Power
- Advantages and Challenges of Wind Energy
- Wind Energy Pros and the Cons
- Wind Power and the Environment Information
- Environmental Impacts of Wind Power
- The Impact of Wind Power on the Environment
- Wind Energy and the Environment
- Wind for Homeowners, Farmers and Businesses
- A Consumer Guide to Wind Power
- Wind and Consumers
- Home Wind Power
- Energy Resources – Wind Power
- Wind and Renewable Energy Resources
- United States Wind Energy Resource Atlas
- Wind Energy Resource Program
- Wind Energy Information and Resource Page